Report on "IBS Days 2024"

From June 17 to 19, 2024, for the 4th edition the who’s who of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) research gathered in Bologna for IBS DAYS, a conference regarded as one of the most significant events in this field. The conference, held under the leadership of Professor Giovanni Barbara, and endorsed by the European Society of Neurogastroenterology and Motility (ESNM), provided a platform for exchanging the latest research findings and discussing the future direction of IBS research.

Attendee Composition & Numbers
IBS DAYS 2024 attracted an impressive number of professionals. A total of 382 people attended the main scientific meeting. The attendees were predominantly from Italy (80%), while the remaining 20% came from other European countries, Canada, and the USA. A key component of the conference was the postgraduate course, which attracted 114 participants.

Additionally, three workshops were offered, each focusing on specific aspects of IBS:

• Workshop 1 "GUT MICROBIOTA": 140 participants
• Workshop 2 „CLINICAL": 128 participants
• Workshop 3 "PATHOPHYSIOLOGY: 114 participants

Scientific Programme
The scientific programme of IBS DAYS 2024 was comprehensive and varied. It included 12 oral presentations where renowned scientists presented their latest research findings. In addition, 58 poster presentations were displayed, covering a broad range of topics and sparking intensive discussions among the attendees.

Support & Sponsorship
IBS DAYS 2024 was supported by 36 sponsors, highlighting the conference's significance and reputation in the scientific community. The sponsors played a crucial role in making the event possible and contributed to enabling a high-quality programme.

Conclusion & Outlook
IBS DAYS 2024 in Bologna, led by Professor Giovanni Barbara and proudly endorsed by the ESNM, was a resounding success and reaffirmed its status as the leading conference in IBS research in Europe. Attendees gained valuable insights into the latest research findings and engaged in intensive exchanges with colleagues from around the world. The future of IBS research looks promising and IBS DAYS 2024 has been instrumental in setting the course for future developments in this dynamic and important area of research by facilitating fruitful exchanges, lasting friendships and collaborative progress in our field and in optimising patient outcomes.

Go back

Copyright 2024