Young investigator meeting "TANDEM"
Today, nothing is more important than networking to buildup successful collaborations with scientific output. Therefore, ESNM created the independent young investigator meeting "nEUROgastro TANDEM" to stress the European collaboration of basic and clinical scientists and practitioners in neurogastroenterology.
- Reinforcing the crosstalk between basic science and clinical practice in neurogastroenterology
- Formation of long lasting interactions
- Establishing transeuropean networks
- Creating high impact scientific output in multinational colaborations
We are pleased to announce that our next nEUROgastro TANDEM will take place prior to NeuroGASTRO 2023, to be held in Bucharest, Romania.
Application to the TANDEM Young Investigator Program is easy. Please check the eligibility criteria below before applying.
Application opens: 01 February 2023
Deadline for application: 31 March 2023
Announcements of Attendees: 04 May 2023
YIM TANDEM: 29 - 30 August 2023
- Applicants are asked to submit their CV (one page), a letter of motivation (one page), a letter of support from their Head of Department and publication list (if available, not required) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Travel costs will be reimbursed by most national Neurogastro societies.
The nEUROgastro TANDEM meeting is a highly competitive meeting, addressing European scientists with clinical and basic background. The meeting’s leitmotif is translational research: connect basic science to clinical expertise. After a selection process, ten MD and ten PhD applicants will be chosen and paired up three months prior to the meeting. Each team will be mentored by one member of the organizing committee.
Teams are requested to come up with a translational pilot & feasibility project proposal that they must introduce in a 20-min presentation at the TANDEM meeting. Projects will be discussed with all participants and scored. The project/team with the highest score will get funding of 5000 Euro that is intended as start-up money with the goal to lead to an independent grant. The modalities of payment are planned as a reimbursement bound to data presentation required at the next European NeuroGASTRO Meeting. The TANDEM Meeting will be summarized in one of the sessions at NeuroGASTRO as well as highlighted in Nature Reviews Gastroenterology & Hepatology.
Young investigator meeting nEUROgastro TANDEM during NeuroGASTRO 2019 in Lisbon.
Univ Rouen Normandie, Gastroenterology department and CIC CRB 1404, Rouen, FRANCE
Institute for Physiology and Cell Biology, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Hannover, GERMANY
Applications in English language are accepted from candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Currently work in a European country in the field of Neurogastroenterology or are interested to develop their career towards this field.
- Have completed MD or PhD degree or are in the last year thereof.
- Are 35 years old or younger on 1 January in the year of application, unless exceptional circumstances have significantly delayed career progression. Please note: For female candidates with children the age limit of 35 is automatically extended by one year per child.
- Researchers from East European countries and North Africa are encouraged to apply to reach out to those with little scientific infrastructure.
- An abstract has to be submitted to the ESNM meeting and attendance is required.
- Former TANDEM participants can apply again.